Mirena IUD Lawyer
Since Mirena hit the market, it has become one of the most popular birth control devices in the U.S. Known for its convenience, it has become widely used among women who already have children. Although the device has proven effective for many women, it has resulted in serious injury to many more.
In fact, according to Adverse Events, there were 47,506 reports of serious adverse events associated with the Mirena between November 1997 and August 2012. Of these injuries, the most common include device expulsion, device dislocation and vaginal hemorrhage. Many injured women have required hospitalization and there have been a few reports of death.
Our Mirena lawyers have taken a special interest in the Mirena litigation. We are currently reviewing potential lawsuits on behalf of women across the country who have suffered serious injuries and harmful side effects as a result of the intrauterine device, including:
- Perforation of the uterus which can result in abscesses, adhesions and intestinal obstruction
- Pseudotumor Cerebri or intracranial hypertension resulting in vision loss, headaches and other problems
- Pain and complications from device migration
- Pregnancy while the device is in, resulting in infertility and ectopic pregnancy
- Pelvic inflammatory disease, resulting in damage to the fallopian tubes and tissues in and near the uterus and ovaries
- Device expulsion
If you or someone you love has suffered from a serious side effect of the Mirena, you may be eligible for financial compensation. To find out if you qualify, contact us today. We offer free case evaluations for women who believe they may have grounds for a Mirena lawsuit. Call or email us today to schedule a consultation with an experience attorney near you.